logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

tm1966
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:15:34 AM(UTC)
tm1966

Groups: Registered

i have installed blackbox and all is working well. i'm wondering if i can delete past logs (screenshots, keystokes, websites, etc)from a few months back? im concerned that all the info is being stored somewhere and and would like to keep those locations from storing so much info and taking up space and speed after a few months. thanks.
joe
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:27:46 PM(UTC)
joe

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Current version of BlackBox Security Monitor has 2 weeks retention policy.
Everything will be gone automatically in two weeks.
kajin_style
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:43:29 PM(UTC)
kajin_style

I have a concern about the history it keeps. I had it installed on my computer for 1-2 days and already it managed to get about 700MB in screenshots. Now that might mean I spend way too much time on my computer but if all it keeps is 2 weeks worth of information then that's a lot of space used up just for screenshots. Maybe there should be a way to put a cap on how much space it actually uses up?
joe
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:47:51 PM(UTC)
joe

Hi,

Can you please go to screenshots folder, sort files by date and tell us how many files you have per day?
Can you also describe how exactly you used your computer?
We need to understand a reason which caused this enormous amount of screenshots.
If you feel uncomfortable to post it here, you can email us to info@asmsoftware.com
Thank you for your suggestion about putting a cap for using screenshots space.
We will consider implementing it in future version.

Joe
kajin_style
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:52:50 PM(UTC)
kajin_style

I sorted it by date and let me tell you getting the exact amount per day would take to long. In this folder the date is from 5/26/2010 to 5/28/2010. It has exactly 18,630 screen shots and counting. When it comes to the notifications there is next to nothing set. It's just a fresh install and told to monitor this computer that's it.

Now I use this computer heavily. I'm practically on it day and night. I log into a program called Second life the entire time and work on a variety of projects. This program is a heavy resource hog on the computer. So many that's making BlackBox want to take a screen shot every few seconds to show what's going on. That's my take on it at least.

Maybe a limit on how many screen shots can be taken at once would be good too. Like... 1 screen shot every 5mins.

joe
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 29, 2010 3:27:08 AM(UTC)
joe

We will consider to change settings and/or have more control over
them.
jibjab
#7 Posted : Friday, June 18, 2010 4:02:16 PM(UTC)
jibjab

I just installed this program this evening. Right away, I wondered the same thing regarding large volumes of screenshots building up and how to prevent that. That isn't what I was interested in when installing the program. In the screenshots tab, I just took out the pathway to the screenshots foler and left it blank. It appears that no more screen shots are being taken.

Could that be right? Is that a possible work around? Thanks

Edited by user Friday, June 18, 2010 4:04:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joe
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 19, 2010 6:22:13 AM(UTC)
joe

Hi,

Do I understand correctly, you deleted files from screenshot folder, but folder still remains?
Or you deleted folder as well?

Joe